Great Cycle Challenge

I am excited to start the Great Cycle Challenge for the Sick Kids Foundation tomorrow. If you have been checking my page, you will see that I have cycled 340.4 kms during the month of May, but none of that counts. The GCC counts only those kms cycled in the month of June. I have set a goal of 700 kms, which will be a challenge, but I believe is doable.

I welcome, and would love your support. Each year, 1400 children in Canada are diagnosed with cancer. Each week, four children die of cancer in Canada.

Many more children are surviving cancers now than in the past. Just as important, many improvements have been made in the quality of life for those children undergoing treatment.

All monies raised go to support research, treatment, and cures at the Sick Kids Hospital.

To donate, please go to www.greatcyclechallenge.ca and type in my name in the “find” link. . They have improved the process, and you will receive an email tax receipt the same day the donation is made.

This year I am doing the challenge in honor of Becca Schofield, a truly remarkable young cancer patient who is handling her diagnosis with the most generous giving spirit.

Thank you,
Johanna

No comments: