News from Saint John

Hello everybody,

It is with great enthusiasm we would like to announce that, after many years of searching, Karen and I have been able to find a buyer for the Homeport B&B and we will be moving on to retirement from the innkeeping world as of March 31st 2017.   This will mark the end of a 20 year run for us at Homeport and open a new chapter of travel and relaxation and hopefully more time to spend with friends and family near and far.  We are not going too far as we prepare to move into the home in Milledgeville where I grew up.  We have spent the last two years  renovating this spacious mid-century modern bungalow right on the Kennebecasis River and I encourage everybody to visit.

The Homeports new owners David and Ann plan to continue operating the Homeport as before and I am sure with an enthusiasm and gusto that only a new Innkeeper can bring to the table.  We wish them all the good fortune and interesting experiences we have had as innkeepers to the world.

My car friends will be pleased to know I have provided well for my retirement with the addition of a two car garage (with 10 foot headroom for a proper lift)  and somehow I found space for an attached heated three car workshop garage on the lower level with access from the back lawn.  It has been called the Ragtops and Rust Garage and I have the signage already done  (see attached) Although it has low 6 foot 8 inch head room it will be able to accommodate a full tear down or store three LBC .  There is a 12 foot by 4 foot hardwood topped workbench and as an added bonus when the garage door is open I have a great view out over the Kennebecasis River.  I hope FABAC can plan a run to the big city and maybe a fun afternoon BBQ at the Holyoke .

Please note new email address and phone #:
Ralph - ralphholyoke@gmail.com  cell text 506 647-7436
Karen - kholyoke57@gmail.com  cell text 506 647-1289


3 comments:

David Nielsen said...

Wow!!! Congratulations, Karen and Ralph! Great news!
And I just know this means we'll be seeing lots more of you. This is great! Can't wait to visit your new home. Sounds like everyman's dream.

Joe Hine said...

Congrats Karen and Ralph...maybe Karen and join us on the trip to Windsor this year! Looking forward to seeing the new place Ralph. A definite early season run for FABAC

Joe

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Retirement is wonderful and I'm sure you'll have no regrets. I can't help but notice that you didn't spend a lot of words on the family homestead but paint a wonderful picture of the new home for the Ragtops and Rust Garage. :-)) Sounds like a dream setup.

Phil