We were all terribly disappointed that Gary didn't deliver his famous year end synopsis and there was much subdued whispering about not letting it happen again. Then, John failed to bring one of his quizzes. I know I'm not the only one that loves these things.
After dinner, the Yankee swap provided a good hour of fun with considerable horse trading and a bit of outright thievery. It looked like someone cleaned out his garage with one ancient tool being gifted. Finally, after having been AWOL for several years, our treasured MG mud flaps reappeared. Those things are growing a long and esteemed provenance.
As folks started to trickle out, Gary hurriedly made a plea for our next dinner location. It was hotly contested with the Fredericton Inn supporters beating everyone else into submission. This will be in January on either the 17th or 18th (something to do with the buffet offering).
- Bob E.
PS: Dianne E welcomes emails while she twiddles her thumbs in Halifax.
Thanks to everyone, we raised $325 for Easter Seals to help send a "kid to camp".
Two envelopes included cash but no name or address. If you forgot to include your name and address and you want a tax receipt, please contact me.
Again, thank you to everyone.
Hope to see you all there,
The money will help send a "kid to camp". (summer of 2018)
The program is administered by Easter Seals N.B. for Camp Rotary at Grand Lake.
Each child that attends Camp Rotary has a disability. The average cost per child is approx $925 for the week.
The income tax receipts will be issued by Easter Seals N.B. They will issue an income tax receipt for $20 and above. So please include name and address if you wish to receive a receipt.
I will have a donation box available at the 2017 Christmas party next month.
- As a few folks dug into the buffet, Gary opened with a short recap of the Oktoberfest run. It was well attended by both groups, and for once the weather cooperated.
- The upcoming Christmas party (Dec 13th @ McGinnis Landing) will feature a yankee swap and a charity collection.
- John introduced his brother Keith, here visiting from the UK.
- There will be a rally from Buffalo N.Y. to Halifax next year. It's a Hemmings sponsored event and will pass through here sometime in July. As more information becomes available we hope to perhaps plan a concurrent event in conjunction with their overnight stop.
- John Dewitt proposed a run on the Cabot trail sometime in the spring.
- Bob E.
Anti-Tramp Bars for MGB. $150.00 or reasonable offer. Moss carry a set of non-adjustable bars for US$370.00. These are adjustable and come with all parts needed for installation. Call me at 474-0102.
|Click on any photo for larger version.|
Leather covered steering wheel with hub and MG centre button, removed from a 1971 MGB. I believe it is made by Nardi. Leather is in fair condition. Offers? Call me at 474-0102.